Why major in management and leadership at Missouri State?
- Build your platform for managerial jobs in almost all industries.
- Flexibility. Through elective courses, you can customize your degree to your interests.
- Tackle the hard numbers of your future job duties. Courses in accounting and statistics give you insight into management’s science aspect.
Review the program requirements for the exact courses you need to take.
Use the four-year option below as a guide for your overall schedule.
- Accelerated master’s in business administration (MBA)
- Accelerated master's in cybersecurity
- Accelerated master’s in health administration (MHA)
With an accelerated master's, you can earn two degrees in less time.
Management and leadership careers: Plan, achieve and succeed
Good management is much more than “being in charge.”
It involves relationships, strategy and innovation, plus problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
If you want to work in traditional manager roles, this degree is for you.
You’ll build a firm foundation in management theory and get the training to manage across all levels and industries.
Job titles may include:
- Employee operations
- Industrial sales
- Information management
- Manufacturer representation
- Project management
- Top management
Specific employers of MSU alumni: Amazon, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Bass Pro, Boeing, Cerner Corporation, FORVIS, Frito Lay, Honeywell, Simmons Bank, Top Flite Financial.
Support for your job hunt
Missouri State’s Career Center can help you jump-start your career. They have a list of current job openings, tips for preparing your résumé and on-campus interviews.