Why major in human resource management at Missouri State?
- Be assured of our quality. This degree program aligns with guidelines set by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Set yourself on the path toward certification. You’re eligible to take the SHRM Certified Professional Exam; your courses are consistent with the material on that exam.
- Build experience and make connections through projects and networking events.
- Enjoy small class sizes in upper-level courses.
Review the program requirements for the exact courses you need to take.
Use the four-year option below as a guide for your overall schedule.
- Accelerated master’s in business administration (MBA)
- Accelerated master's in cybersecurity
- Accelerated master’s in health administration (MHA)
With an accelerated master's, you can earn two degrees in less time.
Human resource careers: Manage your work’s talent pool
HR professionals are an asset for any company or business.
They on-board new employees, assist departing employees and ensure the workplace follows rules and guidelines.
Job titles may include:
- Human resource specialist
- Recruiter or talent acquisition specialist
- Training specialist
- Compensation specialist
Specific employers of MSU alumni: Bass Pro, Cerner Corporation, Compass Health Network, Cox Health Systems, Deloitte, Honeywell, Ikea, Mercy Health Systems, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Roeslein & Associates, Springfield City Utilities, Worlds of Fun.
Support for your job hunt
Missouri State’s Career Center can help you jump-start your career. They have a list of current job openings, tips for preparing your résumé and on-campus interviews.